Thursday, February 23, 2012

Homemade Baby Foodie

Hi again! It feels like its been sooo long since I last blogged a recipe. Being a new mommy is a full-time job (no kidding, right?) and I've had my hands full. I have a few recipes stowed away that I will post when I get more time, but I thought that in the spirit of mommydom, I would post how I steam and make my baby's puree food. Its a super easy 'recipe', and every mom can do it. So, lets get to it!!

Firstly, I'd like to share that I get my produce delivered to my door from local farmers www.farmfreshtoyou.com so I can be assured that my food is locally grown, is organic and is pesticide free.

Step 1:  Cut up fruits and/or vegetable. Here I didn't remove the skin first. You can remove skin before or after you steam your food. Place food in accu-steamer or any steamer. You can also steam in a pot if you don't have a steamer handy.



Step 2:  Add water. My steamer calls for 1/2 cup.



Step 3: Cover steamer basket with lid and steam. My accu-steamer automatically shuts off when food is properly steamed (how? I don't know) but check your food after 10 minutes and go from there.


Step 4:  Puree. You can use any food processor for this step. I have a Kitchenaid obsession, so thats what you see here. But I have other mommy friends who swear by the Baby Bullet and the Baby Brezza.  The step you didn't see here is that I added formula to the food before blending. I do this to ease the transistion from formula to 'solids', and to ensure that my baby gets enough nutrition. You can also do this with stored breastmilk ;)


Step 5: Move puree to sealable, freezer safe container.


Step 6:  Hug your baby for letting you do all of this without interruption! (shout out to the Baby Einstein Jumper!)

Step 7:  Done! Mark your food/date on the container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days, or the freezer for up to 2 months!!!!


  
My baby has a happy, heathy belly!!! Hope you enjoy the 'recipe', time to picnic with my boy!





No comments:

Post a Comment